Can I swift Zidovudina to Tenofovir to diminush nausea

Dear Doctor Henry,

I am writing from Brazil. 54 years old, male. I started my regime (Lamivudina Zidovudina Efavirenz) 10 weeks ago with CD4 534 and Viral Load 71.214. Today my CD4 reached 568 and my Viral Load dropped to 61. So happy. But, since the beginning of my meds I am having nausea 24 hours per day. Ive read that Zidovudina should be the reason of the nauseas. So, based on statements and positive experience of people who had the same problem, Id suggested my doctor to swift Zidovudina to Tenofovir. He did not agree with my assumptions. According to him, the regime he prescribed to me is far the highly recommended for beginners. He is quite convinced that Zidovudina (acts deeply in the Central Nervous System, he says) is the best med to prevent mental disorders. I have ho arguments to context him. Since the nausea is driving me nuts, I would very much appreciate your kind opinion on that. Thans and regards. Luís

Though zidvodine may in some cases be a better drug for brain/central nervous system issues, tenofovir is better tolerated with less gut side effects. That is one reason why in US there has been a large shift from use of zidovudine to tenofovir in most initial regimens over the last decade. KH

Need Replacement Drug For Ziagen
atripla and stone issues