Dec 19, 2012
About how long should the patient be on hiv medications before we can see some movement either way regarding aids dementia?
Response from Dr. Henry
Response to treatment in the setting of AIDS dementia is highly variable depending on how severe the dementia was, age, other concurrent conditions, effectiveness of particular regimen at penetrating into the brain and other factors. I have witnessed some spectacular prommptimprovements (sometimes somewhat unexpected) and other times have been disappointed with slow and/or minimal improvement. Most patients do get better. KH
can i switch to tenofovir
- Odds Of Contracting HIV Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation
- Is Diarrhea An Acute Symptom Of HIV?
- Is Rectal Bleeding An Acute Symptom Of HIV?
- Night Sweats Worried It Could Be HIV
- Purple Spots After Fingering Stripper Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Sore On Penis After Oral Sex Hooker What Are The Chances Of HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.