|UTI and PEP
Dec 13, 2012
Hi doc, in your previous response u mention that the cause of my urge to urinate may have nothing to do with the atripla I am taking as PEP. I visited my local clinic and they said it is a UTI and gave me five days of septrin/bisepton. Would this interfere with my atripla treatment for PEP?
Response from Dr. Henry
Should be no problem with drug interaction. If you have an allergy to sulfa drugs development of a rash could overlap with rash from the efavirenz that occurs in up to 25% of patients. Most patients do fine with sulfa antibiotic and Atripla. KH
increased amount of urine
- Purple Spots Could I Have Acute HIV Infection
- Do People Catch HIV From Sex With A Prostitute?
- Dry Cough After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Tingling Lips After Kissing Cut On Lip Worried I Have HIV
- Does Stress Effect Vaginal Discharge?
- How Long Does The Hepatitis A Vaccine Work?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.