Change treatment

Hi Dr. Henry, if I am to change my PEP treatment using atripla (18 days now) to another regimen would I have to start a full 4 weeks treatment or just need to complete the remaining 10 days on the new treatment? What regimen would u have suggested?

The target total duration of PEP is 28 days so if a switch is made the new prescription would ordinarily for the amount needed to reach 28 days. More recently we have more often been using raltegravir + Truvada when a three drug regimen is chosen for PEP due to how well it is tolerated. KH

atripla kidney
UTI and PEP