Dec 12, 2012
Hi Dr. Henry, if I am to change my PEP treatment using atripla (18 days now) to another regimen would I have to start a full 4 weeks treatment or just need to complete the remaining 10 days on the new treatment? What regimen would u have suggested?
Response from Dr. Henry
The target total duration of PEP is 28 days so if a switch is made the new prescription would ordinarily for the amount needed to reach 28 days. More recently we have more often been using raltegravir + Truvada when a three drug regimen is chosen for PEP due to how well it is tolerated. KH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Blowjob From A Prostitute Negative At 16 Weeks
- Groin Pain After Breast Sucking Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Testicles After Oral Sex Form Sex Worker Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Jock Itch After Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Loose Stool After Swallowing Sperm Worried I Have HIV
- Sore Throat After Swallowing Blood Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.