fat redistribution

l have been on ARVs since 2003 and experienced a change in the shape of my body, buffalo hump, abdominal and back fat accumulation lipoatrophy on legs, arms, bottom and face. I am on didanosine, zidovudine and alluvia. l would like a recommendation on how to change these drugs especially alluvia (protease inhibitor) to reduce or get rid of this problem. l am in South Africa, female

If possible would try to see if you can switch off the zidovudine and didanosine to tenofovir or abacavir and lamuvidine or emtricitabine, Diet, exercise might help some. If atazanavir is available that might be preferable to the Aluvia but availability may be limited where you live. Nevirapine would be another option if you have no history of likelihood of drug resistance. I recommend discussing with your HIV rpecialist. KH

28 or 30 days PEP
Malaria prophylaxis