Dec 5, 2012
Hi doc, can atripla cause lactic acidiosis, liver or kidney problems during a 28 days PEP treatment? Or those may develop after years of using the drug?
| Response from Dr. Henry
It would be extremely unusual for Atripla used for PEP (28 days) to cause serious lactic acidosis, liver or kidney problems or have lasting negative health effects assuming health (including kidney function) was OK at baseline before starting the Atripla. KH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Sore On Tongue A Symptom Of AIDS?
- Is Blowjob From A Prostitute Safe?
- Hairy Tongue After Performing Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Jock Itch After Breast Sucking Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Loose Stool After Insertive Anal Sex With Condom What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Night Sweats After Precum Touching Vagina Sign Of HIV AIDS
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.