Dec 4, 2012
Hi, using Atripla due to accidental exposure. I feel drunk for hours after taking the pill and have blurred vision. I have to take 30 pills. Are these side effects normal? Am scared about the blurred vision.
Response from Dr. Henry
Many patients starting Atripla have central nervous system side effects (sleep problems, fuzzy thinking, even blurred vision) that is most intense if first 1-2 weeks and then generally diminishes. Most patients take Atripla before bedtime in order to sleep through the peak time for the side effects. I dont use Atripla after exposure very often due to the type of side effects you describe. KH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Hairy Tongue A Symptom Of HIV?
- Sex With A Prostitute How Long Does It Take To Test Positive For AIDS
- Itchy Skin After Touching A Bloody Scab Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Red Spots After Giving Oral Sex What Are The Chances Of HIV
- White Bumps After French Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- What Does It Mean When You Are Exposed To A Std?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.