Truvada and Isentress taken twice daily

My doctor prescribed 200MG/300 MG Tab of Truvada and 400MG Isentress. I take a dose of each morning and night. When filling the prescription the pharmacist advised it was unusual to take Truvada twice daily. What is the purpose of the doctor putting me on this regiment?

My background: I was hospitalized for the acute hiv infection and found out I was hiv positive. I know the exact date of my hiv exposure and was put on this drug combo by the fourth week after exposure. This is my first drug regiment. My doctor mentioned something about a possible cure of which I was not clear on as I was in shock for being hiv +. Is it possible he was referring to the Visconti Cohort French trials for possible functional cure? I greatly appreciate any help. Thanks!

That is not the recommended/standard dose for Truvada (one pill daily). Cure has not been reported in the setting of early initiation of HIV treatment after exposure in situations such as yours. I suggest that you discuss the Truvada dose with your doctor or other HIV specialist. KH

Atripla/Generic
combivier with von willebrands