Optic nerve irritation?

I have been living with AIDS for over 4 yrs, I currently take Atripula and bactrim daily. I just had my first eye exam in over 15 year. The Optometrist tested my eye pressure for Glaucoma and it was negative. But he did a dilated eye exam and said my optic nerve looked like the first stages of Glaucoma, and refferred me to a Ophthalmologist. My clinic can not afford [nor can I] a Ophthalmologist visit. But, I don't want to go blind. Is there any possibility that the nerve damage/inflammation that he saw is a reaction to meds or another AIDS side effect? I don't know how I could have nerve damage by Glaucoma without increased eye pressure.

Nerve problems can be subtle to diagnose in early stages-highly recommend seeing an ophthalmologist. Glaucoma is common in the general population-I am uncertain whether there is an increased risk in HIV+ patients--I have not seen data that clearly links HIV infection or specific modern HIV regimens to increased risk for glaucoma. If any reader is aware of a paper linking HIV infection or Atripla to glaucoma or optic nerve problems please post. KH

lypoatrophy
Atripla/Generic