For World AIDS Day, read about stigma, criminalization and more >>

Latic acidosis

I am a 56,Black and a woman .I have just started taking Stribild and I have concernes about latic acidosis; I have drank for most of my life, had slight pancritis years ago. The doctor whom I went to did not do any liver test that I know of,nor check for swelling manually. Just to be on the safe side is there any way to prevent latic acidosis? Change of diet( I know not to drink any more)exercise...?

Lactic acidosis, a very serious complication most often related to use of older HIV medications such as stavudine (D4T), AZT (zidvudine, and/or ddI (didanosine) is very unusual with newer regimens such as Stribild. Monitoring of symptoms, standard electrolytes, liver enzymes, and renal function provide reassurance that drugs such as Stribild are being well tolerated. Maintaining good hydration and avoid liver/pancreas irritating substances (such as high doses of alcohol) makes good sense. KH

Not Sure