Low T-Cell Count

I'd like to first sincerely thank you and the other experts for sharing your time and expertise with those of us who are trying to navigate through life with this disease. I was diagnosed with HIV 3 months ago and have been on Atripla and Prophalaxis for about a month now. My initial blood test revealed a VL of 60,000 and my T-Cell count was 131. I'm sure this question may be a bit preliminary since I've only been on treatment for a month but, is there any chance my T-Cell count will rebound to normal levels again in time? I have heard that those whose T-Cell counts that are low like mine really can't exepect to have their T-Cell counts reach normal levels again even after successful VL surpression. Is this true. If so, is there something that can be done? Again, a world of thanks to you.

Most patients (ie 75-80%+) will expereince a robust rebound of their CD4 count once started on effective HIV treatment. Perhaps < 25% either have minimal or slow increase in CD4 count for a variety of reasons (age, thymus size, degree of immune activation, amount of scaring in lymph tissue, genetic influence) so the odds are good that you will see a clinical helpful recovery (first aim to reach >> 200-250). The chance to reach > 500 cells/mm3 is less the lower the initial CD4 count is but a signficant percentate of patients will achieve that level. KH

HIV Medicine Side Effects
Taking Atripla in a different time zone.