Covering up KS with tattoos
Nov 14, 2012
Greetings. I have KS lesions on my arms. My doc told me to go to a dermotologist for treatment of them. I have currently been on HAART since 1/12. They have gone from a bit raised to flat. I was wondering if I could get a tattoo to cover them up as opposed to getting them treated through a derm.
Response from Dr. Henry
Good question-during the time when I was seeing alot of cutaneous KS we tended to focus on direct treatment--I dont recall patients having tatoos placed for cosmetic purposed. Often KS lesions will improve with effective treatment but not always and often not completely. If any reader has any experience with this matter or knows of a published reference on the topic please post. KH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Swallowing Cum How Long Does It Take To Test Positive For AIDS
- Sex With A Prostitute Do I Need To Get Tested For HIV
- Flaky Skin After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Penis Discharge After Receptive Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Red Spots After Giving Oral Sex What Are The Chances Of HIV
- White Discharge After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.