could my swollen foot be a side effect of atripla

Hi I am a 40 year old woman who has been on atripla for almost 2 years with no side effects or problems. about two months ago i started toget pain and swelling in my right foot and ankle, i put it down to perhaps the gym maybe overuse, but i didnt actually hurt it whilst working out. it was a couple of days later getting out of bed my foot was sore and swollen. i got a xray ct scan which showed no damge to tendons or fractures, just swelling of the bursa. i was prescribed different anti inflamatories including naproxyn,volateren,mobic andindomathiacin and prednisone all had no effect on pain or swelling. i put up with this for about 6 weeks and then went to a sports medicne doctor 10 days ago who was pretty sure from looking at my foot that i have gout, she ordered blood tests to confirm that but they came back negative for gout and kidney function was fine. she is suggesting that i see a rhuematologist who could put a needle in my foot and sample the fluid. i told her about the hiv meds i am on atripla and she seemed to think that there was no link. i am in so much pain cannot wear proper shoes only flip flop sandals my right foot is very swollen and enlarged. should i make an appointment with my hiv doctor

Localized pain/swelling in foot as you have experienced is unlikely to be due to Atripla. Regardless I would inform your HIV doctor so he/she can monitor situation. KH

Atripla and Propranolol
Late night events and Efavirenz