radiation therapy for parotid swelling

i noticed swelling of my parotid glands several years ago, for some reason this year they became really noticeable. i had heard of a doctor in LA who was doing radiation therapy and contacted her.

i can not tell you how pleased i am with the results. its a total transformation. the good news is my insurance covered a huge percentage of the cost.

my question is this: i will obviously be on medications for probably the rest of my life, could it be possible the parotid could be affected by the medications in the future?

thank you

G

Parotid swelling in setting of HIV infection is observed and often due to cystic disease that can be relieved by low dose radiation therapy. The swelling can recur. I am not aware nor have I observed that parotid swelling is caused by or clearly reduced by any particular HIV drug or combination regimen. I seem to be seeing less of the problem recently but I dont know if that is just change or whether the newer regimens contribute less to the problem and/or whether improved HIV management decreases risk for the problem. If any reader is aware of any recent published data on the issue please post. KH

Loss of libido
Erectile Dysfunction (Truvada/Isentress)