Anal Skin tag surgery

What is the standard for removing anal skin tags. are these considered to be 'cosmetic". Or can underlying colorectal issues (also experiencing severe diarrhea cycled with constipation). I had a break out of anal hpv about 6 years ago that went away on its own. My hiv primary seems to think its jut cosmetic and not worth the risk of infection from anal surgery. But to me it seems worth it. Should I see colorectal surgeon?

In the setting of abnormal anal cytology on anap pap or presence of cancer associated HPV (human papilloma virus) management of anal abnormalities is more than cosmetic. If all of those assessment are negative then removal of a tag may fall more into cosmetic category. Standard specialist to surgically manage anal abnormalities is a colon rectal surgeon. KH

Azythromicin
HIV & Psoriatic Arthritis Treatment for the PA