Oct 26, 2012
I will be starting Stribild next week. I have been taking Truvada, Rayataz and Norvir for 3.5 years. I can not find a site where those of us who are starting this new med to discuss side effects. Any suggestions.
Response from Dr. Henry
Overall Stribild has been well tolerated with many of the side effects overlapping those of the previously available drugs tenofovor and emtricitabine. Cobicistat and elvitegravir (the new drugs in Stribild) are also generally well tolerated but some gut problems are experience as well as other side effects at a low rate. See http://www.aidsinfonet.org/fact_sheets/view/473
First time taker of ARV
- Is Sore Throat A Symptom Of Acute HIV Infection?
- Can You Get HIV From Sex With A Prostitute?
- Headache After Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Painful Urination After Insertive Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Penis Discharge After Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Can Vaginal Discharge Cause Sores?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.