Untreated HIV+ Partner

My partner has been HIV+ for upwards of 2 years and has not received any treatment. I've tried to get him to, but he will not. I'm working on it. My question is about night sweats, really. I've read online that night sweats only happenn with initial infection; however, he is experiencing them now after 2 years. What does this mean? Is the virus advancing? Or are night sweats a trivial matter? What (other) signs should I/we be looking our for to determine that his condition is worsening and/or advancing to the next stage?

Thank you all so much for the work you do.

Night sweats can be due to numerous non-HIV medical problems (ie hormone problems) but in the setting of known HIV infection a medical evaluation (exam and lab work) is indicated focusing on whether there is an HIV related infection or other condition (many AIDS related conditions can cause night sweats) that needs to be diagnosed and treated if identified. KH

hiv / myeopathy
First time taker of ARV