Lymph node on the neck
Oct 17, 2012
Hi doc, am HIV+ for 6 yrs not on ARV has a lyphm node stationed on right side under chin for 2 yrs now. This is embarrassing and discussed it with my doctor and adviced to remove it surgery. Is this advicable and wht other side effects? Am very disparate! PA.
Response from Dr. Henry
Removal of a single node for cosmetic purposes (also can be checked for any unexpected pathology) is sometimes reasonable. Removal of a node is usually well tolerated from the immune perspective. Sometimes patients can develop some persistent swelling in the area after the removal due to disruption of normal lymph flow-that is hard to predict. KH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Tingling In Feet After Swallowing Sperm Sign Of HIV AIDS
- White Bumps On Penis After Giving Oral Sex What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Can Saliva Transmit Hepatitis B?
- Does Doxycycline Treat Both Chlamydia And Gonorrhea?
- Are Chronic Yeast Infection And Swollen Glands Sign Of Hiv?
- Can Having The Flu Interfere With The Hiv Test Results?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.