Blood test alteration and hiv medication

I've been on Combivir with Viracept from 2002-2007 and Combivir Telzir Norvir from 2007 to present .The problem is my red blood count is low 3.58 with macrocytosis, but normal hemoglobin .I've been like this for a few years and i was wondering if I should do something about it or just don't stress. My doctor says it's due to combivir and while it still works i shouldn't change it. Also my triglycerides increased during the years to 353 last test, i am taking omega 3, and L-carnitine and green tea and it continued to rise. Don't know what to do , diet and exercise didn't help and my doctor just ignores the result. Considering my level , the fact that I am in my 20's with chronic hep B, should I insist to be given lipid lowering medication?

The AZT in Combivir can contribute to anemia though there are many possible contributing factors. Boosted fosmprenavir (like other boosted protease inhibitor based regimens) can results in increased triglyceride levels (as can other factors). Most patients do OK with modest increase in triglycerides levels. Often one might consider a swtich to an alternative regimen depending on treatment/resistance history and what drugs are available locally. KH

Effavirenz and neuron damage
swelling of face, legs & feet