about to start Complera can i crush this pill and mix with applesauce?

I am about to start Complera, I have a hard time swallowing pills (ibuprofen etc) is it safe to crush Complera and mix with applesauce ? will it still have the same effect? will it effect my day to day activities? Also I fly alot (flightattendant) will this jeopardize my health in the air? also, what foods should i avoid now that i am taking this? and if i get heartburn, is it safe to take tums?

The good news if that complera is one of the smaller pills currently available. Crushing the pill might work but outcome is unpredictable and I would be concerned about the effects of stomach acid/absorption of the various components so not generally recommended. Taking with antacids generally not recommended due to requirement for low stomach acide for best absorption of active HIV drugs. Absorption/activity is also better of taken with food-often recommeded to take with the largest meal of the day. I recommend starting the drug during a long weekend/week when you are not working if that is possible so you can observe how you are handling the drug (most patients tolerate well). KH

Treatment of HIV
Effavirenz and neuron damage