Options for constipation relief/ "miracle med" not covered!!!

I have been on oxycodone for yrs & I have constipation issues & recently I was able to get a free trial of Resistor & it worked perfectly, nothing short of "miraculous". For the first time in a long time I had relief only to find out that to get this medication regularly it is going to cost me a small fortune. Is there anything comparable to this drug-(hopefully covered)- that doesn't require taking out a loan to get??? "smile" Thank you, "In need of relief", Dave

Here is information regarding Relistor from their website--RELISTOR (methylnaltrexone bromide) is indicated for the treatment of opioid-induced constipation (OIC) in patients with advanced illness who are receiving palliative care, when response to laxative therapy has not been sufficient. Use of RELISTOR beyond four months has not been studied.

Chronic narcotic can lead to dysfunction bowel function that can be very tough to manage. Good hydration, high fiber and good hydration, and exercise can help but those life style interventions often are not possible for persons debilitated from chronic disease with pain. I am not aware of any inexpensive alternative to Relistor--if any reader is aware of such a product please post. Many other meds and conditions can also contribute to severe constipation-what is your current HIV status, which HIV meds and other meds are you taking?

Side effects
Constipation..."miracle cure"