atripla and telomeres

I am an exercise physiologist and own an anti-aging clinic. I recently did a telomere test to measure my shortest critical telomeres and got an average length of my telomeres. I am 38 years old. I have been hit + and on Atripla for 6 years. My telomere test devastated me. The length of my telomeres is that of a 69.7 year old male. I exercise constantly, eat no processed foods or wheat, i take so many supplements that are supposed to help lengthen telomeres. I can't think of anything else that would have caused this. I have always been into health and fitness and assumed that my cellular age was probably around my chronological age. Do you think atripla could have caused this? Is there another medication that might be better for protecting telomeres?

Good question. Knowledge about actual interpretation/meaning of telomere test is still limited-see NY TImes article below:

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/05/19/business/19life.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

HIV infection has been reported to shorten telomere length is some patients. Knowledge about differential effect of different ARV regimens is also limited so I am not confident that Atripla is worse/better than other regimens or that Atripla is contributing to the telomere results. Companies are pushing the telomere tests before data is available is interpret the results. KH

To change or not change
Para amino-benzoic acid and hiv meds(fosamprenavir)