Glutathione?

I have just been recently diagnosed with HIV and HCV and my CD4 count is 240+, I was told that my liver can be possibly damaged due to continues medication of Stocrin 600mg and Ricovir EM. Can I take glutathione injections/supplements to aid my liver especially in preparing for my HCV medication? Will it react with my current treatment?

To my knowledge there is no clear published evidence from a well done study demonstrating the use of glutathione supplementation in the setting of treated HIV infection and hepatitis C. N-acetyl cysteine has been used to boost glutathione levels. Some data about use of NAC is available at http://www.mskcc.org/cancer-care/herb/n-acetylcysteine . If any reader knows of a pertinent published study please post. My review of the subject suggest that more data is needed so that NAC shows some promise in theory but cannot be recommended out of concern for either lack of efficacy or drug interaction concerns. KH

How long does Atripla rash remain after stopping the medication?
belly fat