Sep 21, 2012
What are the side effects of long term use of Megace?
Response from Dr. Henry
Megace can trigger diabets, adrneal supprssin, blood clots, sexual dysfunction, gut problems and other issues. The weight gain from Megace seen in setting of HIV infection is at least partly water weight and not clearly proven to result in an improvement in clinical outcomes. Use in the US has decreased significantly in the modern era of HIV treatment. KH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Does Itchy Skin Mean I Have AIDS?
- If I Have Ars Will I Have Diarrhea?
- Is Bloody Nose An Acute Symptom Of HIV?
- Swollen Lymph Nodes Could I Have Acute HIV Infection
- Bloody Nose After Giving A Bj Worried I Have HIV
- Burning Urethra After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.