Anal yeast infection

I am a 54 yr old woman w/a CD count of 450+-. I have been infected w/HIV for 22 years and for the last 6 years have been on Kaletra monotherapy. My viral load activity has been undetectable every year. Yet the CD count is slowly going down every year.

I have never had symptoms of anything out of the ordinary for 22 years, yet now I have been getting re-occurring yeast infections in my "butt-crack" that seems to be coming from my anus (I don't have anal sex, or any sex for that matter). Eventually it goes away with constant Myconazole treatment but my 2 questions are: 1) Even though viral load is nil, could my immune system still be failing? 2) I have a suspicion that my diet may have something to do with yeast infection from anus (digestive system). I drink coffee and sometimes alcohol, which I intend to cut out. Could that be a cause or a contributor, or am I barking up the wrong tree?

Has yeast been identified in that area during the outbreaks? I assume you have had a complete anal/rectal exam looking for other problems (internal warts, hemorrhoids, fistula). For local yeast infections in that area diet can help some patients( recommend dicsussing with dietician --often would suggest use of active culture yogurt products that can help restore/maintain balance of healthy bacteria that can combat unwanted germs). KH

From Positively Aware
Pain and numbness in my right arm