From Positively Aware

Hi, Dr. Henry, I'm reporting on the cardiovascular information that just came out of ICAAC (Hicks and Pearce)and really wanted to check with you - didn't you report on a 29-year-old positive man with a heart attack a long time ago??? I'm having a hard time tracking that down. Anyway, if that was you, I wanted to know what you thought about the question of raising awareness being brought up by these new reports. Seems to me you sounded the bell years ago!

Thank you, Enid (Vazquez) Associate Editor, Positively Aware

We wrote a case report in Lancet in 1988 about rapidly progressive CAD in an AIDS px-same year we published in Lancet a study of using atorvastatin and gemfibrozil to decreawe lipids in HIV+ pxs (mostly on PIs). At the time awareness was low-it has been very high for me ever since. I believe that awareness is high for last 5-10 years in US for cardiac issues in HIV+ patients among HIV specialists--KH

HIV+ Tendonitis + Ankylosing Spondylitis
Anal yeast infection