DIGESTIVE SYSTEM IN A MESS

Recently a toxoplasma infection got me admitted to the hospital and the test result of my blood came HIV+.(First time with a CD4 COF 130.oN MY DISCHARGE DAY,i was pricribed Adiazine,daraprim,Losec,leucovorin and dexametozone which till now is working very fine.My blood sodium was very low which made me dizzy most of the times. The problem,sice i started the medications i eat excess but i cant make stool.My digestive system is blocked. Whiles i am able to eat as much as there is its hard to no stool at all for 24-48hrs which is making my stomach round and big.Any madication i can take to enable stool? Hiv Meds to be taken are Truveda,Norvir and Prezista.Since i am a first timer,can you please tell me how these meds are going to help me. Thank you

Having advanced AIDS with a serious infection (toxoplasmosis) often messes up the gut (digestive system). On top of that taking many medications for the toxoplasmosis and HIV alsooften messes up the gut. Diet evaluation, exercise, good fluid intake, fiber intake, and attempts to restore gut mircrobial balance (ie with active culture yogurt) are can be important for more normal gut function but that is often tough in the setting of new diagnosis and many new medications. The HIV medications you are taking are intended to : 1) drop your HIV level to undetectable, 2) help your immune system stabilize and recovery from the damage HIV has been causing, 3) protect you from additional AIDS-related problems, and 4) make it less likely that you might transmit HIV to another person. KH

Epzicom/Isentress
HIV not detected