|Atripla and Remeron
Sep 5, 2012
I have been recommended Remeron, to manage my anxiety condition, recently. Remeron was picked, between Lexapro, due to my significant weight loss recently.
I have been on Atripla for close to 2 years now. Is there any interaction between Atripla and Remeron I should take note of? It is likely that the use of Remeron will be short term. E.g. a year or less.
Response from Dr. Henry
There is a potential for a drug interaction between the efavirenz in Atrpla and Remeron (mirtazapine). Efavirenz might increase the rate of liver clearance for the Remeron possibly decreasing its effectiveness (dose adjustment might be needed). KH
I'm Having Bouts of Dizziness
Atripla side effects!
- Heterosexual Vaginal Sex Should I Be Worried About Hiv
- How Long Can Thrush Go Untreated Before It Gets Serious?
- How Long Does Hiv Stay In Your Body Before You Know You Have It?
- What Do Hiv Skin Lesions Look Like?
- Undetectable Hiv Positive Woman And Negative Man Transmission Risk
- Can A Blood Test To Check Your Iron Detect Hiv?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.