prezista and blood clots

I was recently taken-off of reyataz. It was replaced with Prezista. Other drugs: protonix, truvada, norvir, colchicine. I developed the blood clot about two mos after the switch to Prezista. Is there any association here... between Prezista and DVT? I also developed gout and in addition will have to take coumadin and allopurinol.

There has been minimal signal for any clotting problems from darunavir. Protease inhibitors in general have a slight association with decreased clotting.Increased clotting (thombosis) has been reported to be slightly increased in HIV infection. There are anecdotal reports of deep vein thrombosis seen in the setting or protease inhibitor/daruanvir use. Since deep vein thrombosis also occurs in the general population it is difficult to zero in on darunavir as a main factor when not a common problem. If any reader knows of a published reference or has personal experience with darunavir and blood clots please post. KH

Headaches and Kidney, heart failure
I'm Having Bouts of Dizziness