adequate way of starting truvada/efavirenz

hi. quick question. i been taking truvada/efavirez for 3 months and everything is great, practically 0 side effects. But I do have a concern. I get my labs/meds/medical checkups from a NGO (the public health system in my country is very bad) so everytime I go for a medical checkup a different physician sees me. The physician that saw me the day I started taking the pills told me "take truvada in the morning, and efavirenz just before you go to sleep". So I did, that day I took efavirenz @10pm and next day truvada at @6am for the next two weeks.

Two weeks later I went again and a different physician saw me and asked me how I was taking my pills. When I told her she was surprised and said to me "no no! you have to take both at the same time!" Since that day I been taking both pills around 10 pm.

Now I'm worried that the first day I took the pills there were 8 hours I just had Efavirenz in my system and not Truvada. Are that 8 hours enough for the virus to generate resistance?

Also, I take my pills around 9:45-10:45 at night. Do I have to be very strict and take the pills always at the exactly the same time or is that 1 hour "window" OK?

Thanks! Sorry for the bad english and keep up the great work you're doing.

There should not be a problem with modest changes in timing of doses-most patients take Truvada and efavirenz at the same time (similar to taking the combine pill Atripla). A 1 hour window separating the doses would be fine as well. KH

Any experience with Meniere's Disease and HIV?
Tingling in left outside leg