Stomach bloating

Hi, I've been on truvada and isentress for the last 10 months and everything is going well apart from severe stomach bloating that is getting more frequent. I have been reading up on it and it looks like the truvada is causing it. I don't want to stop isentress so I was wondering what a suitable alternative to the truvada would be? I've read that Ziagen could be something to consider but I don't know anything about its possible side effects and affects on my body. I'm 55 and otherwise healthy. Any advice you can give would be much appreciated, I live in the UK. Thank you Mike.

A small subset of patients on Truvada have ongoing GI symptoms (? < 5-10%). Abacavir as a substitute for the tenofovir is a reasonable alternative if HLA B5701 negative (a genetic test looking for increased risk for a hypersensitivity reaction). Abacavir otherwise is reasonably well tolerated-may have slightly higher lipid levels than seen with tenofovir but likely less of a negative effect on bone and renal health. KH

Chronic stomach pains
again skin rash