enjoying the sun and the beach

Hi, i am just starting my new life after my diagnosis last March. I'm from Uruguay and one of my favourites places to go is: the beach. I really love sun bathing, enjoy the beach, etc. and, my doctor said that sun is forvidden for me now. My treatment includes a medicine called Cotrimoxazol (sulfametoxazol + trimetoprim)and is written on there "avoid sun during using this medicine". i am feeling really sad about it, as i was planning holidays on the beach for the end of this year. I will like to know how many time i must wait to enjoy again the sun and which risks i am taking on the sun. I am feeling really confuse as i have lot of doubts about my desease. Thanks a lot for helping me.

In a subset of patients, sulfa drugs can increase the sensitivity of skin to UV light (such as sun light) . There is a wide variation regarding that concern. Careful observation after limited sun exposure the first several days, use of good UV/sun block, and discussion with your HIV provider are recommended. Most patients can still enjoy a beach/sun filled vacation. KH

viraday side effects
Doctor may take me off Atripla creatinine levels