|total hip replacement and HIV infection
Aug 3, 2012
Ultimately, I will need total hip replacement. I am HIV pos, CD count @ 1100. What are the risk, i.e., spread of infection to me (not the surgical team) should I decide to do surgery. Med I take is Atripla
| Response from Dr. Henry
HIV+ patients doing well on treatment generally do well with major surgery fairly similar to general population (including hip replacement). Our clinic has had numerous patients undergo hip replacement with generally good outcomes. KH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- What Is The Difference Between Private And Government Funded Organizations Regarding Hiv?
- Hiv Aids Support Services
- In Chronic Forms Of Peripheral Neuropathy How Symtoms Progress
- How Long Does It Take To Get Results From An Hiv Test?
- Social Justice And Hiv Infection
- Where Is Hiv Found In The Human Body?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.