Celzentry (maraviroc) and Issentress + Truvada?

Dear Dr. Henry, My doctor wants to put me on celzentry and Isentress and Truvada. I would prefer celzentry or isentress, plus truvada. I was surprised when he told me he wanted to put me on both, plus truvada. He feels I need "more powerful" then just one or the other. My tcells have been around 150 for 2+ years now, even though 2+ years ago I started Kaletra and Truvada. Viral load undetectable. I have been HIV+ since 1986 and am a 49 year old woman with Hep C (stage 2 cirrohosis). I hope to get into a New (non interferon based) Hep C/HIV study in November. I had a severe reaction to reyataz, dapsone etc. Can you advise? I would prefer to try to convince him to do one vs the other. Thank you. Felicia

If you have not had a CCR5 Trophile test then it is tough to have confidence that maraviroc + Truvada alone would be able to maintain suppression so that is perhaps why the raltegravir is being considered as well. The barrier to resistance for either maraviroc or raltegravir is lower than with Kaletra so if you have some resistance then virologic failure seems more likely if switch to either maravirox or raltegravir + Truvada. KH

Tingling in Legs and Feet
Atripla - Empty stomach