Tingling in Legs and Feet

i have been poz since 1999. at one point i was on combivir. i started having tingling in my feet and legs that would keep me from going to sleep because i was unable to lay still. i went to specialist. He said i had some peripheral neuropathy and that the 3tc in the combivir was probably the cause. they switched my meds and put me on gabapentin and things got better.

Fast forward 5 years or so. I am now taking Abacavir, Viramune and Truvada. And i still take Gabapentin ( i never stopped). I take 3 300 mg capsules before bed. I have over that time still experienced the tingling from time to time but very rarely and mostly just lasting a night or two. but lately i am experiencing the tingling quite frequently again. 3 out of the last 4 nights. i am still awake at 3am. i cannot lay still. if i try to do so the feeling is so uncomfortable i just have to move my legs.

Hoping you might be able to help. i would greatly appreciate it. Do you think it is again a side effect of my medications? or do i perhaps have something else going on? i am 55 years old. and have been positive since 1999. Thank you for your help. i greatly appreciate the service you and your fellow Doctors offcer

You may benefit from a full neurological consultation looking at whether your have drug related neuropathy, restless leg sydnrome. or other condition that can results in tingling (nerve compression for example). The treatment for those conditions varies so proper diagnosis is important. If you are doing well from HIV standpoint (suppressed virus and CD4 >> 350) then less likely to be HIV-related peripheral neuropathy. KH

Took Atripla Twice a Day for Five Days by Accident
Celzentry (maraviroc) and Issentress + Truvada?