Dr. Henry Please help...

I am HIV poz for 27 yrs now & recently started a new regiment. I have developed severe problems in my abdomen because of it & my answer to this was to try a "detox" of sorts thinking that it may help??? I purchased "Walgreen's Senna Leaf Powder/Colon Detox" but I then remebered all the "hupla" in regards to "St.John's Wart" in the past & I am afraid to try this detox until I know it is safe. Can you please get back to me on this, I am living in extreme discomfort until..."PLEASE" Thank you for your prompt attention. Dave J./Florida

Without further details re your HIVregimen, other health problems and drugs, and about your abdominal symptoms difficult to be very helpful. Recommend discussing with your HIV provider. A colon detox on a one time basis generally would not have a great impact on HIV situation but the question is what is going on with your abdomen and is a detox or cleansing safe from overall health perspective. KH

I am diagnosed with an ear and respiratory infection and have hiv.
Took Atripla Twice a Day for Five Days by Accident