skipping a day on medication

Hi doctor, i was on Atripla for about a year then started getting neuropathy symptoms. My doc switched me to Prezista/norvir/isentress back in sept/oct of last year.

My neuropathy symptoms subsided after a month or two after the switch and have been doing good, but this past week or so i got a flare-up. Do you think its getting worse. Is it possible to take prezista/norvir every other day and keep the isentress everyday?

My viral load is UD and my CD4 was close to 700 on my last labs a couple weeks ago.

Thanks for your advice.

mike

It seems unlikely though possible that your symptoms would be due to HIV-drug related neuropathy (your new regimen is completely different than Atripla so that any drug in the Atripla that was causing the neuropathy would not have a similar drug in your current regimen, I would not recommend using the ritonavir/darunavir every other day--that would lower key drug levels with the barrier to resistance to raltegravir being relatively low. Studies using boosted protease inhibitors and raltegravir for treatment have been underwhelming to date so can not be generally endorsed. KH

Clinical Trial - Treatment Interruption
Norvir and Metoclopramide