Extreme weakness

I have recently been started on atripla for about one and a half months, experienced the COMMON side effects but a few days ago I got the flu and I have felt so weak that standing became a problem. The only changes that has happened is that I was using the original atripla, now I am on the generic version and the flu and the extreme weakness. Thanks for answering in advance.

Generic versions of Atripla (if WHO approved generic) are generally equivalent to Atripla and have not been linked to increased fatigue to my knowledge (as compared to Atripla). Many viral syndromes (often termed "flu") can result in electrolyte abnormalities, dehydration, muscle aching/fatigue that can take weeks to return to normalcy. Recommend discussing your symptoms with your HIV provider. KH

Restless, noise sensitive and can't even watch TV.
Was my counselor off base?