Can a nephropathy be benign in Hiv?
Jul 10, 2012
Hello Doctor.I want to ask you this:if a glomerulonephritis has as it s cause Hiv and the symptoms are very mild(normal kidney function,no protein,no blood pressure),is it possible a patient not to reach erena failure?Please tell me something positive i really need it! Thank you very much for your time and youe help,i trully appreciate it.
Response from Dr. Henry
HIV can directly cause kidney damage in some patients (in US most common in African Americans). Treating the HIV infection with antiretrovirals can decrease risk for progression as can use of other treatments (such as ACE inhibitors like lisinopril) as well as management of other risk factors for kidney problems such as diabetes, hypertensiom, excessive use of non-steroid anti inflammatory agents such as ibuprofen. KH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Fatigue After Oral Sex On A Woman What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Fever After Receptive Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Oral Ulcers After Having Sex During Period Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Pain In Balls After Touching Precum Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Sore On Penis After Rubbing Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- After Being Exposed To Hpv How Long Does It Take For Signs Of Cervical Cancer To Appear
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.