General questions following PEP.

Hello, I will try to make this a short but informative post. 32 year old female. Sought PEP after girlfriend cheated on me with a man that recently tested positive for HIV. Started PEP nearly 40 hours post exposure because unfortunately that's when I found out. Anxious,terrified, feeling betrayed and my best friend was my girlfriend so now I have no emotional support because the one I would always turn to cheated and put me at risk. I was terrified the entire time I was on the meds but at least felt like I was doing all I could do. Now that I am finished I am even more frightened that a virus is taking over my body as I sit here and wait to possibly turn up positive. Since stopping Kaletra 250-50 2 pills 2x a day and Truvada 1 pill a day I have had some very frightening symptoms such as lack of focus, back pain,itching and tingling sensations all over my body,small pinhead sized red marks that look like petechiae,mild headache and dizziness. I am curious as to what these symptoms mean and if they are strong symptoms of peripheral neuropathy as there is also a lot of hand numbness. Also, at which point should I be able to 1.) See ARS symptoms or know that I am likely negative if the symptoms have not presented themselves and 2.) Test either positive or negative CONCLUSIVELY. The date of exposure was May 31 and I began PEP on June 1st stopped July 1st. I am more afraid and anxious then I have ever been in my life. I just want to know when I can be confident that I'm HIV negative. Is it safe to say that if a month has elapsed without drug intervention with no symptoms that I am likely negative? If it matters, the activity that put me at risk was giving oral sex to my girlfriend. Thank you for your response and God bless. xxo

Those symptoms given your risk exposure would very unlikely be due to either HIV infection or lingering side effects from your NPEP regimen. KH

child HIV need expert advice
Lipitor Imprisonment