Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
  Breaking News: FDA Approves Triumeq, New Once-Daily Combination Pill

Ask the Experts About

Managing Side Effects of HIV TreatmentManaging Side Effects of HIV Treatment

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

child HIV need expert advice
Jul 5, 2012

Respected sir, I hereby sending a case summary and reports.. I dont have much experience in child HIV .. i need expert advice..

12 yrs Male child of 26 kg born to HIV couple was on d4t 12MG+3TC60mg+NVP100MG (FDC) (11/2 morning - 11/2 evening) since 4 yrs Now he came with candidiasis, 2 kg weight loss, and dramastically decreased CD4 count. He is also having wasting of muscles. vitals are stable. His CD4 chart is as below

date CD4 CD8 06/08/2010 - 568 989 11/02/2012 - 327 916 23/06/2012 - 196 763 .. please concern your expert team and suggest me, shall I swich him to second line or any other option.. thanks ..

Response from Dr. Henry

I am not a pediatric HIV expert-seems likely that a full clinical assessment with HIV level if possible would be helpful. Resistance to his current regimen would be a concern in which case use of 2nd line regimen is usually indicated if confirmed or clinical suspicion is high. KH

Previous
How HIV+ Meds affect an employment drug screen
Next
General questions following PEP.

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.