Endometrial Cancer

I was told in August 2010 that I HIV positive. In April 2012 my doctor told me I had endometrial cancer. The doctor gave me a choice of keeping my ovaries but recommended that I have them removed. What are your thoughts of keeping my ovaries vs having them removed and how HIV plays a part in cancer.

The decision regarding management of your endometrial cancer should be done mostly independent of your HIV infection (that usually can be managed long term and can usually be treated even in the setting of cancer treatment). HIV infection has not been shown to increase risk of ovarian cancer but data is still limited on that and there is a general sense tha HIV infection can, in general, increase the risk for non-AIDS cancers (again that increase has not been clearly demonstrated for ovarian cancer). KH

Worried about being depressed
Precum and syphilis