Rash caused by Atripla?

Dear Doctor, I started my HIV treatment four weeks ago (with a CD4 of 157). During this time I have been taking Atripla without any serious side effects. However, yesterday I woke up with a rash on my chest and arms (mild/moderate). My question is: How likely is it that this rash is due to Atripla, being it started after 4 weeks of treatment? Should I think to switch the medication?

Thank you very much for your support

That is somewhat late for an Atripla rash but that is still possible. Many skin conditions related to HIV can flare up in the first months of treatment as well as other non-HIV or treatment skin problems so a clinical evaluation is recommended. If the rash is due to Atripla most often can be managed and not require a switch off the Atripla (switching is done if very severe). KH

changing body
hiv medication