The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Managing Side Effects of HIV TreatmentManaging Side Effects of HIV Treatment
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Internal medicine
Jun 20, 2012

My physician is retiring and I have moved 200 miles away. I have found a new physician that is an Internal Adult Medicine physician. Can internal med docs Treat HIV?

Response from Dr. Henry

Physicians from a wide variety of backgrounds can treat HIV patients-a key factor is their interest and experience with HIV+ persons. There are some internal medicine doctors who have an interest in HIV infection and have large practices. I would recommend contacting local community based HIV organizations to find out who they recommend as a provider. Your retiring provider should also be able to make a recommendation for you. KH

Father HIV positive to possibly undergo angioplasty
changing body

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint