|Whoops! Atripla with food
Jun 20, 2012
Dear Dr. Henry,
I have been on Atripla for about 5 ayes now and I forgot about the recommendation to take Atripla on an empty stomach. This evening I ended up eating a bowl of chilli about 20 minutes after taking Atripla. Will my negligence create a negative effect on my HIV med treatment (e.g. Viral resistance)?
Thank you in advance!!!!
Response from Dr. Henry
Should not be a problem (concern is that food can increase levels of efavirenz increasing side effect risk but actually would make resistance less likely due to higher levels of the drug). KH
weight gain out of control
- Is It Safe To Buy A Used Sex Toy?
- Lip Kissing With Sores And Gum Disease And Hiv
- Diabetes And Hiv Symptoms
- How Long Is The Incubation Period For Hiv?
- Muscle And Joint Pain In Hiv
- Currently It Is Estimated That The Longest Time Between Hiv Infection And Onset Of Symptoms Is About How Many Years
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.