|Whoops! Atripla with food
Jun 20, 2012
Dear Dr. Henry,
I have been on Atripla for about 5 ayes now and I forgot about the recommendation to take Atripla on an empty stomach. This evening I ended up eating a bowl of chilli about 20 minutes after taking Atripla. Will my negligence create a negative effect on my HIV med treatment (e.g. Viral resistance)?
Thank you in advance!!!!
| Response from Dr. Henry
Should not be a problem (concern is that food can increase levels of efavirenz increasing side effect risk but actually would make resistance less likely due to higher levels of the drug). KH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Enlarged Lymph Nodes After Getting Head Worried I Have HIV
- Flu Symptoms After Sex With Hooker Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Red Spots After Biting Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Pain In Balls After Rimming Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Rash After Eating Sperm Worried I Have HIV
- Rash After Sex With Sex Worker Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.