ritonivir cause increase uric acid,,, gout
Jun 14, 2012
I'm having recurrent gout,,, see retonivir can caue increase in uric acid,,, is there a replacement for retonivir,,??? any info on this side effect,, thanks
Response from Dr. Henry
There is no current easy replacement for ritonavir for boosting protease inhibitors. Cobicistat is under study for that purpose--I am not certain of its effects on uric acid. Gout can often be managed with medicines that decrease the uric acid level and decrease the degree of joint inflammation if the ritonavir needs to be continued. KH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- What To Do When Prescriptions Do Not Work For Bacterial Vaginosis?
- What The Chances Of Getting Herpes Without An Outbreak?
- What Can A Man Do If He Thinks He Was Exposed To Hpv Genital Warts?
- What Are The Chances Of Passing Chlamydia With A Condom?
- Is Using A Condom A Guaranteed Way To Prevent Genital Herpes?
- Time Frame For Before Herpes Shows Up On An Std Test
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.