Atripla and Tranxene, Xanax and Timing of Atripla

1.Recently, a doctor has recommended a short term use Tranxene to deal with anxiety. Would there be significant contraindication to the use if used at 7.5mg twice a day?

2. Vivid dreams recently returned to my sleep after 2 years of using Stocrin/Atripla. It causes interrupted sleep sometimes and that seem to have affected by well-being during the day. E.g. More anxious. Would a short term use of Xanax to get back uninterrupted sleep help?

3. I was also considering switching to Atripla during the day time. Given that Atripla is best taken on empty stomach, could i consume breakfast 1 hour after taking Atripla?

Thank you.

Use of Xanaz and efavirenz (Stocrine/Atripla) together is not recommended due to concern about high levels of xanax with potential serious side effects. I would also be concerned that if your have developed sleep problems from efavirenz after several years that use of xanax for short term management may not be helpful over the long run. Use of tranxene with efavirenz can lead to higher tranxene levels with more side effects in some patients. You may need to consider a switch off efavirenz if there are options available (to drugs like nevirapine or a boosted protease inhibitor) at least on a trial basis to see what happens with your sleep problems. KH

SWOLLEN LEGS and ankle
sharp feeling up and down both my legs