Milk Thistle and HIV Meds

After reading your recent posts about HIV and milk thistle, I recently purchased milk thisle to take but haven't as of yet. I am HIV+ almost 17years my current regime is Kaletra-2tablets twice daily, Viread-one tablet daily, and Didanoise- one tablet daily. I read several reports that shows few side effects. In a recent visit to my clinic, the nurse informed me that I was reactive to Hep C. Next labs are in July. I was planning to take (1) milk thistle tablet every other day to help the liver functions. At this time, I am only experincing a slight lower pain on the right rear back of my body. Just need your professional opinion. Thanks

There is little published information on the safety and efficacy of milk thistle in the setting of HIV+ hepatitis C co-infection who are on your regimen. Assessment of your hepatitis C status to determone need for treatment is important. Whether milk thistle can demonstrable and safely provide any benefit in yhour situation remains unclear to me. KH

Same Answer Over and Over Again
neuropathy in legs