Eczema

I was told that I was HIV+ in October, 2010. The virus is now undetectable and my T-cells are in the high 300's.

I am experiencing an outbreak of eczema on the insides of my thighs. My question is, am I more susceptible to eczema because of the HIV infection? I also have pollen allergies. Does that make me more prone also? What medications do you suggest for treatment?

Ezcema (dry skin) is common in the general population and appears even more often in HIV+ persons. Some older HIV medications seem to aggravate skin problems (such as indinavir). Avoiding excessive cycles of drying (ie excessibe washing/showers) and skin lubricants as well as excessive rubbing/chafing of the skin is a first step. In tough/severe cases I seek help from a dermatogist both for proper diagnosis and treatment. Allergies and eczema do seem to occur together in some patients. KH

Liquid Kaletra
Same Answer Over and Over Again