For World AIDS Day, read about stigma, criminalization and more >>

Starting the treatment

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your last answer. Aged 25, overally fit, VL 115,000 CD 486 I decided to start the ART.

I was put on morning Truvada, evening Efavirenz regimen last Friday. I started to have tumbling (not severe but persistent) in my left hand and right foot, otherwise no side effects at all. Should I inform my HIV care provider immediately or is it OK to wait for next check up in 3 months?

Thank you for your time

If those symptoms persist or worsens I would recommend informing your HIV specialist so he/she can decide if an evaluation is warranted-hopefully those symptoms reflect some of the early side effects (most often due to efavirenz) that usually diminish after the first several weeks. KH

Granular Parakeratosis - - and HIV